1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whelen isp-188

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by cameo89, Dec 15, 2010.

1. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

I just ordered a whelen srtobe supply, 120 watts and 8 outputs! List for $600+ new. I got a nice used one for $100! Do any of you have this supply? I think im gonna be happy, considering my whelen supply just went out!

2. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Its a good unit but new is always better. We have 8 and 12 outlet 185 watt paks for 150.00 brand new. Thing with used is if it fails and its out of warranty you're out the 100.00. Upside is strobe paks will last a very long time if cared for properly. Moisture is the number one killer of strobe paks.

3. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

that isp is a damn fine pack should give you years of good service. there plenty of good used packs out there no need to go new

4. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

good deal....i know a guy who has same deal x 20 if anyone else wants one.....old ambulance packs..

ITS NOT ME.....user name is coppertexan .....hes a great stand up guy...bought from him myself...

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  5. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

6. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

7. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

8. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

Thanks, it should arrive tomorrow(mon) so im gonna pull the old unit and hope that this new monster fits in the opening I have! Ill try to post some pics tomorrow, that's if anyone is interested? And thanks again for the install guide!

9. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

My power supply showed up today, but it didn't come with any plugs and my older unit is a 3 prong and I am in need of (2) 4 prong plugs with connector pins. Anyone have 2 of these they wanna sell, sorry but kinda cheap! Lol iv spent way to much money over the past few days, my wife is gonna kill me if I spend to much more!

10. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

This is the ups-188c and my ups-64XL, i have it installed now but I just ran across a great deal on (2) ISP-188, look to be nearly new for $60 shipped, so my brother n law and I are gonna split the cost and both buy one.

12-30 019.jpg