1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen Hideaways in 02 Supercrew

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by frdsprcrw2002, Jul 24, 2007.

1. frdsprcrw2002

frdsprcrw2002 Junior Member

I just bought a 90w 6 head Whelen Hideaway Strobe Kit for my 2002 F150 Supercrew. It doesn't look like the power pack will fit under the back seat because i don't think it will clear when i put the seat down. Does anyone have any suggestions on where i could put the power pack if it doesn't fit under the seat? I was thinking in the center console next to the cd changer because it is pretty big. Is this a good idea or bad idea? Does it need to be in an open area to cool or anything? I was also thinking of installing the switch box in the removable tray in the console just to keep everything hidden away. Is this more of a pain than its worth or no? any suggestions would be awsome thanks alot. :)

2. m00nraker

m00nraker Member

Try removing the interior panel on the sides/back of the rear seats. Ive seen people who were able to mount it there, behind the panel, and with the panel back on it, you cant even tell its there.

3. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

I had the same system in my 02 150 Ext. cab I mounted my box under the back seat on the drivers side all wires came up thru a factory hole. I don't think you'll have a clearance issue

4. frdsprcrw2002

thanks alot guys just got them today. heading out right now to install them.

5. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

lets see somepics

6. pyropierce

pyropierce Junior Member

I have Whelen 6 head strobe kit in my 2004 f150 and mounted the power pack under the back seat with no problems. There was a factory hole in the same place so it worked out great for running the wires. Make sure that you cut the carpet where you mount the power pack. The power pack gets warm after being on for awhile so you want to mount it right on the metal floor so that the carpet doesn't get hot.

7. frdsprcrw2002

i have the supercrew so my back seats fold down flat and there is a storage compartment on the back of the cab. i pullued that off and put the power supply in there. I ran all the wires through some holes in the floor that are in that area it worked out good. But i have some issues with it.first i bought the kit, front strobe wires aren't long enough to reach the pack so i gotta buy some new ones. Then i wired it all up, turned it one and strobed once and that was it. I went over the wiring about 700 times and the directions and everything is ran how it should i have all the fuses that should be in there and i have no clue what happened so i have to call Whelen and see what they can do for me but once i get it all corrected i will post some pics.