1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen Hide-A-Way 90 Watt Strobe Kit

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Chevyboy, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Chevyboy

Chevyboy Member

List Price: $194.95 EACH

Item Description

When outfitting any vehicle the strobe power supply options and overall design should be priority. With Whelen power supplies you get the best options and premier quality. Whelen has added ScanLock to their power supplies. Scanlock™ is a revolutionary design feature that allows you to cycle through 10 flash patterns and lock in the one you want.

The flash patterns available are: CometFlash, DoubleFlash, Rapid Rate, Triple Flash, Micro-Burst II, Micro-Burst III, Modu-Flash, Action Flash, Long Burst, Action Scan.

This kit comes standard with Whelen's 6 outlet 90 watt power supply, 4 clear strobes each with 15' of cable for installation.

Whelen 2 Year Warranty - Power Supply
    Whelen 1 Year Warranty - Strobe Tubes :confused:

You guys think this is a good deal?
    For those that have them installed, is their anything else I should need?
  2. Indy

Indy Senior Member

from what I have read on other posts you might need 30' wires instead of 15"s but check with someone on that!!

Good luck
  3. Chevyboy

Chevyboy Member

Thats what Im trying to figure out Thanks For The Info!!!!!:waving:
  4. Chevyboy

Chevyboy Member

You guys think that I should go with a 60 Watt kit or a 90 Watt kit??

Whats the big difference between them, is one brighter than the other??
  5. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Go 90, and get 2 25' cables for the 2 most remote lights from the supply, and you'll be good.
  6. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

what kinda truck are you puting them in i used 15ft. in my gmc ex cab with a 6ft bed and had about 4in extra
  7. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

yes i agree with blue line
  8. Chevyboy

Chevyboy Member

They will be going on a 1999 Chevy Silverado ex cab with 6' bed!!!
  9. Chevyboy

Chevyboy Member

any other idea's

I am looking for some bright lights and am kind of new to this whole plowing/lighting. Just asking for some idea's!!!
  10. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

+1 Sounds like a real good price.
  11. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

+5 although you might be able to get away with the standard cables. on my 4 door short bed i was only about 3 ft short on 2 lines but to make like easier id get the 25 footers.

Also, you must go 90 watt, 60 wont be seen during the day.
  12. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

i have 2 sets of the whelen hideaways and they are really nice just the wires run a little short on the install
  13. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

I have a 6/90 kit available for $189.99 and it includes 2 30' cables and 2 15' cables. Plenty long enough for a pickup.
  14. beverlylawncare

beverlylawncare Member

I agree with the majority of folks. Get two cables longer. I just installed this exact kit on a 2002 Chevy Crew Cab short bed 2500. I actually have the ECCO 60w kit on my F250 Crew Cab shortbed. It came with 4 15' cables, and mine are stretched TIGHT. I told my brother-in-law to get the two longer cables, which made his install EASY! I actually had a little slack, but you can be more picky as to how you run the wires.

A friend of mine had the 6/90 kit installed on his F250 and it rocks. (hence why I talked my brother-in-law into the Whelen). We added a custom switch to his (available at galls.com or on ebay through strobes 'n more) that allows you to switch the flash patterns anytime you want to by using a pushbutton. It has two rockers and a momentary pushbutton. They run like $30, but really make it fancy.
    http://www.strobesnmore.com/product_info.php?cPath=11&products_id=351 or

Good luck!
  15. The Duke

The Duke Member
    from WI

The set I want to get for next season is 100 watts, lifetime warranty, and 15 strobe patterns controlled by remote ;)

Cost for me is about $200 ish
  16. beverlylawncare

beverlylawncare Member

Who makes that one Duke?

I'd like more info please!

I swore my ECCO would be in my truck until it wears out or I lose at least 2 bulbs, but since we had a decent snow event earlier this week, I'm thinking about going ahead and buying a new setup and selling mine on Ebay.
  17. Chevyboy

Chevyboy Member

Where are you located and are you for sure you wana sell them?
    If you are I am very intrested in them.