1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen HAW Strobe Tubes vs Off Brand? Any difference?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by mojo3120, Feb 21, 2010.

1. mojo3120

mojo3120 Junior Member

2. snowfighter75

snowfighter75 Senior Member

I think the only difference would be the quality. We used aftermarket bulbs for whelen strobes at work and they don't seem to last as long as the originals. Good luck and all the best!
  3. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

Its not as simple as Whelen vs other brands. Whelen is only one of many quality manufacturers. I use SoundOff Signal strobes tubes on a regular basis without any problems. The only time I use Whelen tubes is if I have a cruiser come in with deutsch connectors. There are also some really poor quality tubes out there.
  4. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

Just something to note, manufacturers such as Whelen don't make the glass tubes in house. There are only a couple of manufacturers that actually produce the physical glass strobe tubes. Whelen and others order them and then set them in their own housings and seal them.
  5. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

i have used the 9.00 tubes off fle-bay before and they stood up just fine next to a whelen..

IMO ....they all come from china......you pay for the name they stick on it....the bases on whelens and the 9.00 ones look IDENTICAL.....i mean exactly the same....

the china ones are even putting a sticker on the wire just liek whelen now.