1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen Halo Leds

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by pwrstroke6john, Sep 8, 2008.

1. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

wow ive actually been looking for something like that. id be interested in feedback as well.

3. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I havent seen those particular lights but I have seen the LED hideaways and they are bright but a bit on the high side $$$$. John lets see some pics of your dump!:waving:

4. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

I love the led hide-aways, no power source, last forever, heat not an issue, but expensive still.

As for those replacement lights, they seem to be for cars, not sure how they transfer to trucks they are not made for. But would love to know.

5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

looking into them further i see their only offered as a replacement for Crown Vics. and the cost...$450 for 2 bulbs :eek: they are a stop/tail/turn plus 15 flash patterns or something like that

6. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

but how do you activate them?

7. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

yeah how does it work, thats what i dont get

8. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

gotta be a activate wire....must be just to ease install being all in one

9. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

With 450 for 2 I think ill look into those vertexs.

10. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Maybe they are used alongside a headlight flasher?

11. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

They have replacement harnesses you hook into the lights just like harnesses for plow lights, and they go to a central controller (like an isolation module) which has wires for activation, low power, pattern, sync etc.

12. JPS13

JPS13 Junior Member

guys i have a question im getting a boss plow installed today on a 99 f250 superduty diesel 3' lift , first they told me they couldn't put it on because the truck was too high so i told him fab it to fit , guy came back and said ok it will cost a lil more but we will do it ! then he came to me and said they cannot hook up the plow lights because i have aftermarket halo led system ! does anyone have a knowledge of this ? can you hook up plow lights to a led system ? thx

13. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

This thread has absolutely nothing to do with your question.

14. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

you have a different halo light than what's posted here. The easiest thing to do is just take the halos out during the winter then re install them in the spring.