1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whelen guardian strobe vs. halogen?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by padec21, Dec 19, 2009.

1. padec21

padec21 Member
    from ct

I might be able to get this bar at cost. Will find out Monday. I see the strobe bar is about twice the cost of the halogen. is it worth the money? I am looking at the magnetic mount. I believe the mag. mount only has 1 strobe setting? So is it worth it?

2. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

both are very bright lights. a guy i work with has the strobe. and i have the rotator as a backup light. it is very fast and very impressive. either one you choose, you can't really go wrong with a whelen!

3. 10elawncare

10elawncare Senior Member

4. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

I also have both, The rotator is very bright but i bought the strobe because of it's small amount of power usage....

5. maklandscape

maklandscape Junior Member
    from mass

check out the led model at strobesnmore.com in the specials section i have it and it is very bright tons of patterns