1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen Flood/Spot LED lights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Tedchevy, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Tedchevy

Tedchevy Junior Member
    from CT

has anybody used or seen the whelen PAR-36 or PAR-46 floodlights or spot lights in action. I want to put some good bright legit work lights on my backrack. Any ideas? thanks
  2. DaveCN5

DaveCN5 Senior Member

I have 2 fog lights. They werent cheap, but man are they amazing. I had them on my silverado and 1 of the Whelen's were brighter than my headlights, high beams, and fog lights being all on at the same time. Not to mention you see everything! Driving through suburbs I could flip them on and see into houses. They're insane. I need to find time to put them on the F-150 I just bought.
  3. oldbluehairhemi

oldbluehairhemi Senior Member

Search ddm tuning flood lights and read the thread and look at the pictures. they are super bright and inexpensive.
  4. Mems

Mems Senior Member
    from Maine

I run a Par 46 on my cruiser every night as a spot light. Excellent light output but we have the spot light version and it is almost too piercing. They didnt have the flood when we bought them but they do now and Id be all over them. Great light and will last forever, plus they draw almost no amps which is a plus on your electrical system.