1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen Edge Install

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Sticks, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Sticks

Sticks Senior Member
    from Ontario

Whelen Edge being installed on my F450

Mounted it up high because I didn't like how it looked behind the marker lights, and i want the arrow stick to be seen.

Pretty Basic.

Does any one have a wire harness diagram for this light bar?

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

The biggest black wire will be your ground. The smaller 16 ga. Wires are usually the arrowstick control wires. The 14 ga wires will be power for your alley lights and strobe power wires. You'll want to run some relays for this bar just to be on the safe side. Go to whelenengeneering.com and then go to automotive. Do a search for the whlen edge under lightbars and you should come up with exactly what you want.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  3. Sticks

Sticks Senior Member
    from Ontario

I was going to fuse the main wires....

I have two sets of red and black thick wires. ( one set is red and white, and black and white.) I take it those are the power wires to the strobe packs i am going to fuse/relay those.

Then there is another black wire that has about 25 little wires in it.

Then a grey wire that has about 15 little wires in it..... i think that is for the traffic stick.

am i close?
  4. Sno What

Sno What Member
    from CT

You may want to check out Whelen's website for the install guide - not sure what model, but they have a lot of them posted.
  5. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Make sure before you hook it up to any power you confirm its not a b-link bar. If it is you need a specific controller unit for it.

There should be a model # on the under side of the bar this will help greatly and tell you if you have a b-link bar or a plain edge style bar with options.

If you have questions call Whelen as they can tell you exactly what you have.
  6. Sticks

Sticks Senior Member
    from Ontario

Thanks for all the help guys .... here is where i am at with the install... everything works now just running wires and to make a switch box.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r1yP2R8Asfo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r1yP2R8Asfo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  7. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Looks good. I like it mounted on the dump bed as well. Looks a lot better IMO.
  8. FD39901

FD39901 Junior Member

I had the same bar and the big red and black wires are your power supply wires and should be fused,the gray should be the rest of the lights and maybe a control for flash patterns and the black should be your arrow stick.If you can send me some pics of the bar or tell me a little more.