1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whelen edge help

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by squeaky3, Dec 11, 2010.

1. squeaky3

squeaky3 Senior Member

ok i have a whelen edge 900 lightbar

i bought some somes and a power supply from someone on here in hopes to replace where the current halogen flahsers are with these strobes

i was told that the flasher come out and the strobes will just pop right in place

we i get my bar off my truck today and take the lenses off to find out that the flashers and work lights and such are all on one piece with the corner strobe too

like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Whelen-Lightbar...117?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f04fcd8ed

does anyone know how i can get my strobes to fit in there

heres the link to the strobes i bought

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=110809

2. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Depending on the model you have which it sounds like its the halogens you can't mount strobe tubes in the holes. Some of the older bars used the twist lock strobe tubes and pulled out from the front of the bar because getting to the back was a lot of work. If you remove what you have you will need new corner strobes at 60.00 each, and mounts to mount those strobes you purchased into the bar which run about 5.00 each new. The mounts allow you to screw the strobes into the bar and hold them in place. I have one used edge bar I just pulled off a vehicle that if you call me Monday I can see what it has for parts that you could use. The customer wants 150.00 for the bar and I know for sure one of the 2 power supplies is shot but all the strobe tubes and halogens worked fine and the bar had all brand new lenses and endcaps put on last winter.

3. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Adam,
    There are two empty "holes" left in that bar, but they are twist-lock type sockets. What you need to do is insert the strobes in there, or else swap them from the ones you bought into the plastic housings already in there. I'm not sure if your new ones twist out or not though.

And to follow up, why do you need 4 more strobes in that thing?:dizzy:
    (I thought about swapping them in, but that thing was plenty of warning for what I needed.)

4. squeaky3

squeaky3 Senior Member

well i dont really need more strobes..but i just dont like how slow the halogens flash compared to all my other lights so i bought those other strobes of another guy on here

if i could take the strobes out of the ones i bought and put them in the housing i have in my bar i would now but i cant get the strobes out of the ones i bought..they are sealed in there

is there anyway i can say cut the halogen flasher part off the corner strobe and get those lil mounts to hold the new strobes in?