1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen Edge 9M strobe controller help

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by rb8484, Oct 30, 2011.

1. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

I have a 9M loaded light bar and I am trying to figure out a controller for it. Any ideas? I have a Whelen 295HFSA5 siren controller, but was told that has to activate a bank of external relays. I guess a 295HFS5 has the relays built in. A
    Anyone have a controller that they will sell or any suggestions is welcome!!

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I'll trade you my fed sig sw300 6 switch switch box for the siren. I have most of the legends for it too. It works great and all the switches light up.

3. contractor078

contractor078 Senior Member

hey man i not sure if you got it all figured out. this is the controller that i used for my 9m it has plenty of extra space that you can use for what ever you like as well. only thing that i didn't like is that you have to have relays to make it all work together. I set my light bar up so that it uses a 7pin trailer style connector that i can stick it on top of the truck while i am plowing and take it off the rest of the time and the connector is hidden neatly under the back seat. if you want PM me and i can try to get some pictures for you.

http://www.strobesnmore.com/whelen-pccs9-series-switchboxes-with-slide-switches.html

4. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

I was able to get it all hooked up. It was my project yesterday. Works great. I was told the 9m is a low current bar, so I didnt need the relays. I hooked it all up without them, works great!
    Kudos to you for the great idea of the 7 pin plug!!

5. contractor078

contractor078 Senior Member

good deal man glad to hear that you got it all together and working. I required a little special assistance from a friend that does car stereos.