1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whelen edge 9308

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by overtime, Dec 16, 2009.

1. overtime

overtime Senior Member

Have a chance to pick one up local for only 200. I was thinking I have seen people run the mini ones but 48 in bar is a good size. I currently just have a nasty looking dual rotater. Should I pick this up? Do you think it will be to much or to big? Just any input I guess will work. Thanks

2. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

I have found that it is better to make your own decision for things like this, you post it on a forum, somebody looks at where you are from and gets to it before you can, but that is just my personal experience. If it is good shape and everything works, go for it.

3. Was trying to do some research myself on http://www.whelen.com/_AUTOMOTIVE/automotive.php

4. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

I'm old school but is that edge an LED or strobe? a 48" bar for $200 is a good deal if everything works. Clear and clean lenses. It costs about that for a new strobe pwr unit inside the 9000 series bars anyway. Keep your old rotators close by just in case.

5. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

48 is deff not too big i have a 60 inch whelen freedom bar on my truck

6. overtime

overtime Senior Member

ok yes the lenses and everything are clean and clear its a strobe light. he said it works all good nothing wrong. He said he will through a warrenty on it. He got it from a trade for a new bar. He sells them around here gets them all the time.

7. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

the 9308 is an older bar. 48inches is small for a truck. on trucks for a roof mount got with 52inches min. or mount it on a rack

8. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

what if he's got a Dakota or a Toyota? :eek:

9. overtime

overtime Senior Member

I have a s10 with a 7 6 straight blade. Just kidding. Full size chevy

10. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

HAHA, did a quick search on CL, this one looks good at a good price, needs amber lenses tho.

http://dubuque.craigslist.org/pts/1470258810.html

11. chuckraduenz

chuckraduenz Senior Member

most bars are either a 49" or 60" dont think iv ran into a 52" evon tho its only a whoping 3"s big deal if its a 48". 4" or so isent gona gain ya much. i have a 49" 911ep millennium bar on a gmc k1500 pickup. and a 60" would be way to big unless its on a rack or something. but for a roof mount. a 49" or so would work.

12. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

the typical edge bar length ar 48,52,55,60

48 cars small truck
    52/55 trucks
    60in larger trucks

13. overtime

overtime Senior Member

well i didnt get the light. The guy ended up peein me off so i never went to go look at it even.

14. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

there was probably something wrong with it...atleast you don't have to put up with someone's crap!