1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whelen edge 9000

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by fordplowkid, Jan 23, 2009.

1. fordplowkid

fordplowkid Member

Hey i just bought a whelen edge 9000 i was wondering if anyone has any good diagrams for the wiring harness and i was also wondering if i need a 6 switch control box i havnt got the bar yet. thanks ussmileyflag
  2. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

It should have the wiring diagram in the box so you can hook it up correctly to a 6 or more switch box. Check with where you got it and go from there.
  3. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

I just finished building one, and i wired it to a custom panel i made to fit in the overhead console of my truck. I had bought a whelen switchbox on ebay but turns out it had to be reprogrammed by whelen and i woulda had to run a bunch of new wires. If yours is new you shouldnt have this problem, though
  4. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

go the whelen website they have the info there
  5. fordplowkid

fordplowkid Member

i bought the bar used on ebay

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

you wont need the 6 switch contrl box, it will be nice to have if you wanna access all the features but i have both my whelen bars wires up to 2 toggle switches.
  7. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

goto the whelen site and type in the model numbver in the search area
    model number is on the sticker on the bottom of the bar
    that will give you a wiring diagram
    depending on features/number of lights in the bar you can use the 6 switch or just a simple 1 switch all depends on how you want to wire it up
  8. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

9. fordplowkid

fordplowkid Member

i got my bar in the mail but i need a new wiring harness but a guy i know is meeting with the whelen rep this weekend so i hope i can get one from him.