1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen Edge 9000

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by VOGLERny, Aug 12, 2012.

1. VOGLERny

VOGLERny Member

Just bought this light bar for $100 bucks.. I know nothing about it so any information would be helpful. If anybody has wired one of these before suggestions on how to do that would be helpful. Its going on my '03 F350 regular cab

bar.jpg

2. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

3. VOGLERny

VOGLERny Member

So now i know what the wires are for. now i need to know what do do with them.. The guy i bought it from took all the wires and combined them so there were 4 red wires and 1 ground. Then put those onto 2 toggle switches . And when i bought it only 3 of the inner strobes and all of the white lights worked. The rest worked when he hooked it up but dont now,

4. VOGLERny

VOGLERny Member

Got all the lights working. Except for one of the inner strobes and one of the outter strobes.. i believe the inner one is a blown twitst strobe.. but i tested the outter one and i believe it has something to do with the blue box shown in the picture.. This box started smoking when i hooked the wires to the battery, And ideas?

GetAttachment.jpg

5. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Nope. Can't help ya there. Smoke is never good, though. Lol

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Yeah don't ever hook a strobe tube to a battery, thats bad. Its either the power supply or the tube itself. A good quick way to test the lead that goes to that head is hook a working tube to the lead that is hooked to the tube that is not working. If the working head fires when hooked to the lead where the non working head was hooked up you know the non working head is bad. You will more than likely have to replace the head you hooked to the battery. They are about 30 bucks or so depending on what head you need. There should be a part number on the head. Also does that bar have a model number on the bottom or any type of markings? I should be able to find you a wiring diagram. Otherwise do you have any pics of where the previous owner made is own harness?

7. VOGLERny

VOGLERny Member

I'll post some pictures tmrw. But i believe i ordered all the parts i need for the strobes tonight.. The previous owner had everything hooked up to 2 toggle switches. So all the white lights were on one and the strobes on another. So im planning on getting a switch box and keeping all the strobes together on one switch. then seperating Left alley. right alley. Take downs and the back lights

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Alright, you can seperate the strobes so not all are on at once. You should be able to do just the back or front, and you can do just corners or just the inner strobes. Atleast with the ones I have messed with in the past thats how I can run them, not saying you have to do it that way, but if its snowing like a pita you may want only half of them on as opposed to all of them make sense?