1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen edge 9000

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by thejudges69, Dec 6, 2010.

1. thejudges69

thejudges69 Junior Member

Ok, on this other forum i seem to get no help from guys over there so i thought i'd try here. I have a whelen edge 9000 bar, Its a 60 inch bar that i had custom built by a guy. It has a total of 4 circuits in it, here is the lay out.

circuit 1: 6 linear tubes
    circuit 2: 6 helix tubes wired for rapid flash
    circuit 3: 4 halogen flashers
    circuit 4: 4 more halogen flashers.

I can't seem to figure out the power draw on this bar. the way i was going to wire it was a 4 gauge wire into a heavy fuse holder from the battery with a dual 80 amp fuse holder, then out of each 80 amp circuit with wiring to 4 50 amp relays, 1 relay for each circuit, meaning 1 relay for the linears, 1 relay for the helix, and 1 relay for each halogen circuit. then the wiring out to the bar would be 12 gauge. Just so its understood, the bar is roughly 25 feet from the switch and relays to the bar, its mounted on the top of my headache rack on the back of my peterbilt. Some people are saying i don't need relays that big, but i can't seem to find out what the power draw is on any of the bulbs in the bar. I think i'm making a good move towards figuring this out but just want it to be right. Hope that i explained this good enough.

Anyways i'm trying to figure out the power draw and am i on the right track for the wiring? i have pics of the bar but none of the relays or fuse holder, that stuff is at home and i'm not right now. any suggestions of something to make it better?

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

3. thejudges69

thats the site i'm talking about, those guys think people are idiots and think that everyone needs to pay to have the stuff wired they pissed me off so i'm trying here instead.

4. THEGOLDPRO

lol hmmmm, i dunno man they have always helped me in the past. i have noticed a few guys over there that think they are god and dont like to help.

5. thejudges69

right and that pisses me off like none other, i'm not getting any help from the builder or whelen so i thought i'd look for someone that has dealt with these, hopefully i'll get a chime in from someone.

6. THEGOLDPRO

yeah wish i could help all 3 of my trucks have edge 9000's on them but mine aren't as complex as yours.