1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen Edge 9000

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Rc2505, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Hey everyone, I have a question, and don't mean to sound stupid, I just don't know the answer. I just picked up a used Whelen Edge 9000. It's a 52 inch bar, and has 4 corner strobes, wig wags front and rear, front take downs, and both alley lights. Somone cut the harness about a foot away from the light bar, but included a 12 foot harness, and the switchbox with the purchase. So no to my question. I called Whelen today, and they sent me a wiring diagram for my lightbar. I went through and started testing each of the lights, according to the diagram. I can only get 2 of the 4 strobes to work by hooking up the grounds, and the red positive wire as the diagram shows. None of the wig wags work, but all of the takedowns, and alleys work. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is it possible for all of those bulbs to be out at one time, of am I not doing something I am supposed to be doing?
  2. massbowtie

massbowtie Member

edge 9000

lightbars should have( 2) 8 gauge size wires. one is red that goes to positive 12 volts,and the other thats black goes to negative 12 volts. it should also have a harness with much smaller wires,as you put the smaller wires to positive 12 volts(NOT GROUND) functions may work. if they dont its possible the lightbar doesnt have that option,or theres a problem.also it probably has a 4 outlet power supply for the 4 strobes and 2 outlets are not working..internal fuses could be n/g. as for the wig wags and such could be a bad flasher,bad bulbs or someone has been in the bar doing some rewiring. etc,etc.
    if you have the model # or good pics of the bar in and out maybe someone will know what it is, other wise its hard to tell just what you have.
    if you go to elightbars.org and register.theres alot of knowledgeable people.
    good luck