1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whelen edge 9000 wiring question

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by daninline, Dec 13, 2008.

1. daninline

daninline Senior Member

Hey everyone I just got a Whelen 9000 Edge that's loaded and I'm working on the wiring. I have a question there is a small black and white wire and what likes like a ground wire, what are they for?

I was testing it out last night and now I can see after all the flashing last night.

It has alley lights, little cruise lights at the end, take downs I have to see if I can make them flash and not flash, corner strobes and front and back strobes, so yes I did have a hard time seeing after.

I got a control box but this can be run with out one, but any help would be great.
  2. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

well on the bottom side of the bar ... there should be a series number ... you can look it up on whelen installation downloads ... most whelen edge's come with 2 cable's .. one cable is thick ... 2 pos and 2 negatice for the power supplies built inside .. the other skinnier cable are your controls for strobes and alleys and takedowns .. you just have to play around the the small white or yellow wires till you find out what is from what .. thats all i did ..