1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen Edge 9000 Lightbar Question

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by stg454, Mar 1, 2011.

1. stg454

stg454 Senior Member

I recently puchased a 48 inch Whelen Edge Lightbar with 4 corner stobes, 2 additional strobes in the front with take downs, alleys and two additional stobes in the back with two power supplies. It also has cruise lights in the end caps.

I swapped everything over to a 55" frame that a friend of mine no longer needed so that it would look better on my truck. I would like to add two additional strobes to the front and back of the bar since there is addiitional room now. The only problem is there is no more outputs on the power supplies. How can more than eight strobes bee added to a bar? I now that you can get 10 and 12 stobe models from Whelen.

Just waiting to receive the additional lenses so I can install it on the truck.

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I think some the 10 strobe bars have a 4 and 6 output supply and the 12s have 2 6's. I have never tapped into a supply and added a strobe. Say you have 6 strobes and you want to add a 7th. I have never tapped into a cable and added another off that. I can't say for sure how i'd work. You could look for some halogen flashers for the bar to fill the spaces.

3. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

add another power supply. or add some LEDS 400 or 700 series will fit