1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whelen edge 9000 lens kits where to find

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by daninline, Dec 13, 2008.

1. daninline

daninline Senior Member

I'm looking to replace the lenses on a Edge 9000 I just got if anyone has any info or any to sell let me know.

Thanks

Dan

2. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

3. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

4. daninline

daninline Senior Member

I just sent this place a email I want to deal with a local place if I can, they are only about 1/2 hour away.

Dan

5. andyman0291

andyman0291 Senior Member

how big is the bar, and what configuration? i can get a discount on select whelen products.

6. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

um sirennet.com has lense kits for them.

7. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Try checking any of your local Fire and Safety equipment places that may sell lightbars new/used... Ask them about how much each section would run you.

I actually called the Whelen Factory and just shot the bull with one of the workers and he sent me 4 10 inch sections and a bag of spacer gaskets for $0... But then again this was about 15 years ago. You may be able to get them from whelen for probably $10 a piece minus the End Caps. You'll probably have to look at $30-$50 for them.

8. daninline

daninline Senior Member

I'll give that a shot also I'm not that far from there factory.

next year if I don't sell the truck I'll get a newer one.

Dan

9. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

I did a complete rebuild of a 9000 bar. I ordered a complete custom lense kit from stobesnmore. They were awesome to deal with, shot him an email detailing exactly what I wanted and they were here fast.

Good Luck.

10. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Hey Dan... If your not that far away from the factory just stop in and see if they have any scrap. That's what I ask for and the guy said "He!! Yes!" and I ask him if he could snag me some 10" sections... Well I think that was the key! SCRAP

The only difference between the new and the SCRAP is that the scrap might have a small blemish from hitting the floor when it's cut off the main section. I'd even go dumpster diving unless they melt it down and re-mold it.

It's all in how you talk to people.

Good luck!