1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen edge 9000 front strobe only works for a min

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by xgiovannix12, Feb 22, 2015.

1. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

SO im having an issue with my whelen edge 9000. I noticed the other night that passenger side front strobe was not working. If I turn it back on it would work for a min then stop.

IS it a bad strobe unit or a bad power supply. Im leaning towards a bad strobe.

I never worked on these light bars before you guys might have an idea. Is there a way to diagnose this issue?

2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

i would start troubleshooting by swapping the tubes. if the problem switches sides, then you know it is the tube. if it stays on the right, it is the power supply.

3. xgiovannix12

whats what i was thinking thanks for confirming that. I will have to try this when i get it into the garage again

4. xgiovannix12

SO i swapped sides the the strobe unit did the same thing so The bulb is bad.. The good one worked well where the original one was.. so yea i gotta order a strobe tube . amazingly they are 43 bucks.