1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen edge 9000 flasher question

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by apik1, Mar 4, 2012.

1. apik1

apik1 Senior Member

Hello, I have a edge 9004 bar with 4 strobes, 6 flashers, 4 to the rear, 2 to the front. Can the pattern on the flashers be changed? Is there a way I can unplug them and move the connector position so they flash in a different pattern?

How does this thing come apart? I have the lenses of and really didn't look at it but how does is come apart?

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Unscrew the 4 screws on the end caps then slide the lenses off. They are in a track. They'll side out to which ever end cap is taken off. I think you can change the way they flash. Depends on the flasher. (I think) you could go to whelen.com and search edge 9004. They'll have a manual of the bars wiring harness online.
  3. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

I have a 9000 series lightbar, but was just hardwired in to power so I just played with the wires and a 12v battery to get it to flash the way I wanted and then hard wired it in. That is probably the easiest way.

THere should be a larger gauge power and ground wires and the flash wires are smaller (like 22 or 18 gauge).
  4. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

um i believe unless you have the 96 series matrix you cant change the halogen flashers ... i know on my 9622 model there is a lil slide switch on the matrix board you can change the number of flashes per side