1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whelen Edge 9000 Bulb question

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by plowguy43, Oct 28, 2010.

1. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Hey guys-

I picked up a lightbar today and I'm wanting to change out the halogen flashers with some LED bulbs and a sho me LED flasher to help reduce the draw.

So does anyone know the bulb used in the flashers in the Edge bar? They are a twist lock style bulb so I'm assuming there is an LED Version available.

Thanks in advance, this thing is awesome!

2. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

You won't be able to find an LED to replace the halogen bulbs. You could replace the whole halogen reflector with a 400 Series LED Panel or more cost efficient you could just add some small LED3's to plastic panels inserted into the extrusion slots.

3. plowguy43

Where would I find the plastic panels to use?

4. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

There may be some in the bar. Other than that, you can just cut any type of thin plastic down to size, and mount the LED3's to it, then slide it in the extrusion. I've done this several times when customers want to add LED's but don't want to pay for the Whelen LED parts.

5. plowguy43

Good idea, I'll have to look into it this weekend. Thanks!