1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen Customer Service

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by blwnsmoke, Mar 6, 2015.

1. blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke Member

So wanted to make a post about my experience with Whelen. I purchased a LED light for the top of my truck back in October of 2009 (pictured below but clear sense).

[​IMG]

Over the past couple years, I started having rare issues where when I hit the button to change the light pattern, the light would turn off and not function for a bit of time. It would then just turn back on randomly (with power on).

I contacted Whelen via email to inquire about repairs.. I got a response the same day saying that it was probably the cig lighter and that I could order a new one for $69 and change it out myself or send it in for repair for $110 flat fee. She then proceeded to tell me that they have a 5 year warranty and that being that I was within 3 months of my warranty expiring, they may cover it.

I decided to send it in and not gamble on a $69 cigarette lighter cord. I shipped it out on Friday, they received it Monday. On Thursday I emailed her back inquiring on the status and she told me that they repaired it under warranty and it shipped out Wednesday with a delivery date of today.

Not only did they repair it (some module inside was bad, not the cig lighter) for free, they also replaced all 4 magnets on the unit (rusted from the snow), shrink wrapped the light 3 times for protection and sent it back. Also have to add that every time I wrote in to their department, I had an email reply within a few hours.

I am VERY impressed with their level of Customer Service and highly recommend them. I didn't have a receipt for it but they accepted the sticker on the bottom of the unit that was printed 10/2009 for a build date.

Top notch company in my eyes!!

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I've had EXCELLANT service in the past from them, easy peazy and ussmileyflag made.

3. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

i called them last year with questions on a couple of OLD light bars i bought off the internet. very helpful, and made sure i got all the info i needed to got what i needed. of course i bought the parts from them after that.

4. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

Best lights in the business - and great customer service to boot. No wonder they've been around so long!

5. Fhawk52

Fhawk52 Junior Member

A friend of mine does customer service for Whelen. It may have been her.

6. blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke Member

It was Carey that I was emailing with.

She stated that she does not have the power to make the judgement call on whether they would warranty it being outside of warranty but I could try.

What surprised me was the 5 year warranty.. I didn't realize they covered it for so long. If so, I would have sent it in 2 years ago but it was so infrequent that I just dealt with it.

They didn't have to extend it for me being 3 months out.. who warranties something that is 5+ years old??? Well they do!!!

I typed up a letter, explained our conversation and the chain of events on when it started and included it in the box.

I can't believe that it was fixed within 24 hours and shipped back out to me. I was thinking it was going to take at least a week or two.

After this, I'll be a Whelen customer for life!!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015