1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen CSP690 erratic operation

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by ksgcapecod, Dec 16, 2008.

1. ksgcapecod

ksgcapecod Member

A couple years ago myself and a buddy installed a Whelen CSP690 kit in my 04 GMC 2500 HD. I have all 2 hideaways in the front and 2 in each of the rear tails. Sometimes when I'm out plowing especially if its real cold I'll notice that the strobes won't work. I will leave the switch on and they may start back up. I was out earlier making sure all my plow stuff was functioning correctly, flipped the switch and they worked fine. Wondering if anyone else had had the same problem? The control unit is mounted under the rear seat so cold I wouldn't think should bother it. Thanks for the input.

2. Brian469

Brian469 Junior Member

Sounds like you haven't got the backs of the connectors sealed up. Did you fill the backs of the connectors with silicone to keep the water out?

3. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

yep,what he said.Make sure your connections out at the strobes have plenty of dielectric grease in them.Keeps the moisture out.

Mike

4. ksgcapecod

ksgcapecod Member

Thanks guys. I went out and took the tail lights apart and covered everything in dielectric grease. We had done that when we installed them but it had disappeared. All the connections were still in good shape with no corrosion. It is quite amazing how much junk and dirt gets in those tail lights. Hopefully that takes care of the problem.

5. Brian469

Brian469 Junior Member

You have to silicone the backs though, thats where the water gets in. The silicone doesn't get washed away like the di-electric grease does.