1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen con3 led..????

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by My bowtie, Dec 23, 2008.

1. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

Going to get a Whelen responder with the con3 led's...Light is going on a backrack on a 07 NBS chevy. The truck has the pre wired swich in the upper consol, so I want to get the perment mount light. Do I need a secondery switch to change flash patterns? If so what type of switch do I need? I may add some reverse facing work/plow lights on the rack, but thats it....

Is the Whelen con3 responder a good light? Found it for $220 with free shipping....Thanks.........ussmileyflag

2. NickGB

NickGB Senior Member

I would go for the Linear light heads over the CON heads any day of the week.

I haven't looked at the Responder, but most bars require a momentary switch to change patterns.

3. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

yes and yes

4. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

What type of switch do i need to wire the whelen and power the work/backup lights?

5. NickGB

NickGB Senior Member

Any kind you want! I prefer small toggles, some people like duckbills. If you're worried about running a lot of current through your dash switch, wire it up to a relay. The Whelen will not pull enough power to make a difference, but the work lights might warrant a relay.

6. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

so a simple rocker switch on the +12 v side is all I need?