1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen Competitor Series

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by uniquechev, Jan 15, 2011.

1. uniquechev

uniquechev Member

:mechanic:Does anyone know or had this problem with this product .... Just installed the whelen competitor series hide away system. Some times it'll work then it'll just cut out or it wont even turn on. The module will make a small humming sound when the strobes wont kick on. Has anyone else had this happen with theres ? Checked all my ground wires and the fuses are still good . I'm hoping that the module isn't junk cause i just got it christmas and used it once . Any suggestions or help would be MUCH APPRIATIVE !
  2. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

what type of connectors attach the cables to the strobe?

If it is the amp style, then moisture is getting in there and causing the supply not to work correctly. At the power supply, disconnect one strobe at a time to find out which one is tripping it, and then try to make it more water resistant.

You can put dielectric grease between the connections, and then maybe wrap with electrical tape.