1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whelen 9m

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by RedTriton, Dec 1, 2010.

1. RedTriton

RedTriton Junior Member

hey guys i just picked up a brand new whelen 9m mini edge bar for absolutely dirt cheep and i mean cheap but i would love a wiring diagram for i to know which wire is for what light here is a picure of the bar i bought except mine does not have the side alleys i jus has the worklights on both sides and four corner strobes

cams strobe.jpg

2. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

When I picked up my Whelen Edge this summer, I called the Whelen number on the bottom of the light bar. They asked for the serial number, and e-mailed me my exact prints, and wiring diagrams for my light bar. It took about 20 minutes after I talked to them, and it was in my e-mail.

4. RedTriton

RedTriton Junior Member

do you have yours wired into a controller or just hard wired with a toggle

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Ah yes, there she be! Nice choice. Does yours have the alley lights, work lights, and all 6 strobes?

6. RedTriton

RedTriton Junior Member

no alleys and im not sure i think its just the 4 corner strobes and the work lights but for only paying $150 brand new im not disapointed in the least

7. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Wow, that's cheap!

Does it have a bunch of wires in a gray harness, or just a few wires on possibly a cigarette plug? Magnet or Permanent mount?

8. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

Can You get me one?

9. RedTriton

RedTriton Junior Member

unforunately i can not it was the only one left

and it has a bunch of wires in a gray harness but its cut so i have no idea what the end is sposed to look like or if they should all go into a swich box like this

switch box.jpg

10. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I ran mine into the exact same switchbox you pictured. However, it's just 6 toggle switches, so you don't have to get that fancy if you don't want to. Like I said, just call Whelen, and they will send you the exact diagram for you light. It was pretty simple.

11. RedTriton

RedTriton Junior Member

thanks a ton man. its been a huge help

12. RedTriton

RedTriton Junior Member

i called whelen and they sent me the diagram i needed thanks for all the help and hopefully should have everything i need and have it on the truck by the end of next weekend will take some video if i have time