1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen 9m lightbar help!!!

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by rb8484, Nov 28, 2011.

1. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

I have a 9m bar that I bought, got it all wired up, tried it out, worked great. Went to use it today, had it on for maybe 5 minutes or so, and noticed it was strobing irregular and slow. I can hear it trying to strobe, but its not really flashing, maybe every once in a while.

On my old edge bar, if I was using alot of juice from the truck, my old bar would do this due to low power from the battery. I dont believe this is the problem, as the truck was just idling and nothing else on.

What could cause this?? What can I check??

2. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Low voltage could be the issue as you state or the ground could be lose. If that is not it you either have a power supply going or a short in a wire going to one of the strobe tubes. good luck.

3. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

Thanks for the quick reply! Can I take a multi meter and test the voltage going to the unit? Any other ways to diagnose the problem?

4. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

Should also mention that the halogens all work fine

5. Moonlighter

Moonlighter Senior Member

Their is a violet wire in the harness that initiates low power mode when connected I left mine unconnected to ensure I never go low power mode, or you may have an issue with the internal power pack leading to the strobes.