1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whelen 9438

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by samjr, Mar 18, 2008.

1. samjr

samjr Senior Member

Hi guys just want to start off with this site is the best:) i got a whelen bar like 2 years ago and now i trying to put on my 04 sierra there is 18 wires in it i trying to find out what all the wires are for the light was used when i got it i Sean it working the guy had it hooked up too a toggle switch with just like 4 wires to make it come on but he said it can do alot of things he just did not hook them up i know i need a switch box but wood love to know what all the wires are for
    it a whelen model #9438 sin # is 209240tymusic

2. Lowriderfd44

Lowriderfd44 Senior Member

3. samjr

samjr Senior Member

4. Lowriderfd44

Can't blame ya, looks like a lot of wires, lol. ussmileyflag

but seriously, it's really not that hard. if you don't feel like spending the cash. It's basically saying that you can do multiple switches. For example, one switch right alley light, another for take downs, another for front strobes, etc.

Take a look and see what wires/options you have and compare to the instructions.

If you get in a jam installing it, come back here. We'll all help out however we can.

by the way, welcome to the forum:waving:

5. samjr

samjr Senior Member

cool

wheres a good place to get a switch box for this light set up i need like 80 switch lol JKINGxysport

ps putting Whelen 90W Power Supply & 6 Hide-A-Way Strobe Kit in too well look sweet

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  6. Lowriderfd44