1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen 800d strobe beacon

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by cmb, Oct 11, 2010.

1. cmb

cmb Junior Member
    from NH

Hello all,

First post on your forum. I have been reading a lot and have learned a lot already. What do you think of Whelen 800d strobes? Are these good and bright? What type of strobe beacons would you recommend when daytime (overall) brightness is the primary consideration?

Thank you.

2. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

before the led beacons became so good the 800D was all i would use. it is one of the best built strobe beacons it is basically what every other manufacturer copied.

if you are any were near deerfield i am going be at the ham fest there this weekend i have a used one for sale

3. cmb

cmb Junior Member
    from NH

Thank you for your response. How does the 800d measure up in terms of brightness in your experience?

4. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

the only self contained strobe brighter and good light spread is the super strobe

5. MogMan

MogMan Senior Member
    from Qc