1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen 700 Series Linear LEDs

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by BlueLine Ent, Feb 14, 2008.

1. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Picked up some Whelen 700 Series Super LEDs the other day to update my truck a bit. Since I don't plow with this, its just my demonstration vehicle for the lighting business, but I like to keep up with the times. The 700s are the big lights in the grill, the other leds are LIN3s. It also has 4 hideaways and wigwags in the front, but they're not on in the video or pics.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MhST5AKnivk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MhST5AKnivk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

that last picture makes them look similar to the Soundoff predator II lights.

look nice and bright just like my soundoffs. are they as directional as they appear in the video?

3. pwrstroke6john

pwrstroke6john Senior Member

every time on come on this site I see another light that I want. nice setup.

4. BlueLine Ent

They actually have an amazing spread of light, I was suprised. The video def doesnt do them justice.

5. TLC Snow Div.

TLC Snow Div. Senior Member

Hey you already had strobes in the grille before, shoulda put them on my "demo" truck.:rolleyes:

Looks sweet, think i need some but they are a little pricey right?

6. BlueLine Ent

Yeah they're a bit pricey for sure. To do 2 in the grill like that its about $300 in parts alone. I already had the housings since the strobe and LED modules use the same housings, and I practically stole those lightheads for the price I paid for them, otherwise I wouldn't have bought them! lol