1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whelen 690 question

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by cutbetterthanyo, Feb 1, 2011.

1. cutbetterthanyo

cutbetterthanyo Senior Member

I bought a 690 and have 4 of the 6 hooked up. They had worked great for about 6-8 times now i have nothing. I have power and ground the unit turns on you can here it running. Instead of the normal clic,clic,clic,clic sound it has a bzbzbz sound. No fuses are blown. Any ideas?

2. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Sounds to me like you have a bad wire or connection somewhere. The box will buzz when it goes into a protection mode. Unplug each wire then plug back in one at a time to see which one is causing your problem.

3. cutbetterthanyo

The strobe light wire, or the power and ground wires? In the directions i thought it said something about runnin ethier 2 or 4 of the wires. Will it mess with anything running 3 or 1 at a time

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

It sounds like a strobe light wire. The grey 3 wire that plug into the bulbs.

5. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

I will make a new post addressing this issue and how to troubleshoot it.

6. cutbetterthanyo

Problem solved it was were the wire pluged into the bulb.Thanks guys.