1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen 60 watt vs 90 was strobes

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Lynden-Jeff, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Hey,

Noticed strobes n more has both systems on sale. What is the brightness difference? I want fairly bright, but would like to save some cash aswell. Any input on the brightness, and the product would be great. Also how easy are these to install?

Cheers
    Jeff

2. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Go 90 Watt, its worth the money, especially during the daylight, it makes a difference. The installs are easy so long as you have basic electrical knowledge.

3. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

I agree I think you will be happier with the 90s. Also I know the whelens came with good detailed instructions.

4. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

got the 90w in my trucks and a buddy of mine has the 60w in one of his trucks and you can definetly tell the difference

5. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Deifnately the 90 watters. The 60's are not effective during the day.

6. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

90 watts all the way. if your going to do it, do it right!

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

90S, the bulbs are a screw in style so the groment wont melt with any heat build up.

8. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

You can use either the push in grommet type or screw in type.

9. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

def go with the 90 watt systems.

Also, I know a lot have had a good experirance with strobes n more but the 2 times i dealt with them it was horrible. The owner is a complete jerk and i would never give them my money ever again. They insulted me and my wife and mocked me over the phone. I can also show you some emails that came from them that would shock you.

Anyways, lshlights.com is a great place to do business with. I went to them after my strobes n more deal and could not be happier.

10. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

dont know about the 60 watt kits but I just installed the whelen 90 watt kit,there so bright it makes your head hurt.:eek:

Bought from VLS also,no problems.Mine were $190.95 plus shipping $206.04

11. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

90's are the way to go. Just make sure that if your look'n at strobes go with the Helix tubes, The leneir tubes have a habit of over heating unless your going BIG on the lenses.
    Whelen has a great 1/4 turn system that you have a plug behind the fixture that you just unplug to remove.