1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen 400 Series Grille Strobes??

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by wkahler, Jan 3, 2009.

1. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

2. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

the 400 series are bright but i would go with 400 led myself

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Putting a couple of LIN/TIR3's on the spreader would look a lot cleaner and would be a heck of a lot cheaper...just depends on the look you are going for....and they would draw a bit less power too! JMO

4. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

i agree ......

5. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Well i found a set of these on e-gay for 150 plus shipping. Do you know of where i can get a setup of two LED's with supply and wiring already in a package. I already have a circuit set up for it with a switch.

Bill

6. mcwlandscaping

The LINs and TIRs don't need an outside power supply as they are completely self contained and completely weathertight!!....VERY easy to wire up...I think you will like going that route instead.

7. dan67

dan67 Member

lin vis tir

what is the differance between the two. Which has more side view. Fiafirefighterdude let me Know on the becon and also which you might recomemend, Thanks Dan

8. dan67

dan67 Member

lin/tir

just read the other post, if there is any other infor besides what i've read from there site(whelen) i would appritcate it thanks. Dan

9. mcwlandscaping

What else do you want to know?

10. dan67

dan67 Member

led strobes

lin/tir, it's the amount of side view or the angle off to the side from straight on, if thats making since. the led's I use at work are fairly straight on light.

11. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

That's what i am going to go with, didn't realize that they where a self contained unit.

Thanks for the help!