1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen 2022 Strobe Beacon

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Rubicon 327, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rubicon 327

Rubicon 327 Senior Member

I have a Whelen 2022 that is about 5 years old I think, it came with a plow that I bought and I have no use for it as I put strobes on each corner of my truck. I pulled this info from Sirennet and don't truly know if my unit is capable of all that is listed below.

I do however know that,

1. It worked when I plugged it in.
    2. It has a magnetic base.
    3. It is amber in color and the plastic looks a little dull compared to new,but then I never tried to clean it up either.

Sirennet says this model sells for $83.40 without the magnetic base, not sure how much the magnetic base is though.

Northern Tool says it sells for $129.99 and that is with the magnetic base.

I'm asking $70.00 shipped in the U.S.

The 2022 is Whelen's workhorse strobe beacon. Save fuel and worry less about your battery drain while using your strobes with your vehicle shut off. Rugged design, built to last. Easy to service with interchangeable parts and modules. Size is 6 3/8" wide and 5" high for low domes, 6 1/2" for high domes. If you are outfitting a fleet of vehicles or reselling to your own customers, this is the perfect beacon to use.

# Features: Class 1, SAE Certified (amber & clear)
    # 22 watts output power.
    # Multiple field selectable flash patterns.
    # Manual high/low output selection.
    # Silicone coated power supply to protect against the elements.
    # Permanent/pipe mount.
    # Low current consumption.
    # Reverse polarity protection.
    # 12/24 VDC operation.

whelen 2022.gif

2. Rubicon 327

Just wanted to mention that it was NOT used for 5 years, he had it for two or three seasons then I bought the plow and the light came with it. After that it has been sitting in a box in my garage for the past two or three years.

$$$Price Drop!!....$60.00 shipped in the US.

Thanks For Looking!!

3. Rubicon 327

$50.00???? Shipped

Or how about best offer by Monday the 23rd??

Anyone???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.