1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wheels

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by SteveVB, Oct 28, 2003.

1. SteveVB

SteveVB Member

I have a 91 K2500- C6P package.

Has anyone installed the new aluminum wheels that come on the new 01 up HD line of trucks? I believe the bolt pattern is the same, but what about the offset and back spacing- any problems running 245 or 265 on the older chassis with these wheels?

wheels like these?
    [​IMG]

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

I don't think it will be a problem.I've seen quite a few older GM's running around with those wheels on them.

3. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

There is a member on the site here who upgraded his wheels to those on an older Chevy. Check the Finally got a pic of my truck post. It has been posted recently. Ill see if I can find it for you.

Jay

4. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

HERE IT IS

untitled.jpg

5. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Jay, I was thinking of the same person. I think thats 0ryan0's truck? Very nice truck nonetheless! Mike :)

6. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

While there was some pretty radical changes in the offset on the 1500 model wheels when they chaged body styles in 88 that does not seem to apply to wheels on the 2500 series. The stock wheels on my 88 K3500 have the same backspacing as those on the 73-87 models and (I believe) the latest body style has kept that same dimension.

7. SteveVB

SteveVB Member

Thanks Guys

I went searching through the posts - good fun. Found the truck, came back to say I found it and Jay posted it :D Big thanks to everyone.

As a newbie- this is a great site. Tons of great info.