1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wheels and tires?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Polarisrider, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Polarisrider

Polarisrider Member

I found a set of 33x12.50 tires mounted on American racing 8 lug 16.5in wheels. They are off a 95 f250, will these fit my 04 gmc 2500 hd?

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

They'll fit. Just make sure you are basically get the rims for free. 16.5 tires are getting very difficult to find. Also, find out what kind of lug nuts you need. Your studs are 14x1.5mm. If you need long shank Mag style, they will cost you $200 bucks or so for some Gorilla nuts.

Also, make sure the backspacing is OK. Those older "RWD" style rims tended to not have much backspacing, which can put a little more pressure on your wheel bearings.

Some do not recommend 16.5s due to the lack of safety bead on the rim. This can become a bigger issue when plowing as you bump into curbs and such, especially if you hit them sideways.

I plowed with them last year will no problems, but kept them well inflated.

3. Polarisrider

Polarisrider Member

Thanks, the guy is asking 450 for wheels/tire combo, tires are 75%, so he says. They would be on the truck just for the summer, so I wouldnt be plowing with them. Also I am finding out it is almost impossible to get a 33in tire with a rim bigger then 15in. What are my options for a 33in tire size comparable to 295 or 305 size tire?

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

285/75/16 = skinny 33" tire

305/70/16 = fat 33" tire

315/75/16 = 35" tire

the american # system is gone basicly.

and a 31x10.50x15 would be 265/75/15 in metric.

you just got to convort the #'s

5. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

dont forget you can run Hummer rims....

[​IMG]
    I know its my dodge but just a idea....

I pick up my set of 4 hummer rims with caps for 125.00....

6. Rat_Power_78

Rat_Power_78 Senior Member

Damn you sure got lucky. Thats a really good price for hummer wheels.

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

yep thats right h2 wheels are all over for few bills.

and 17" tires are getting real comon. plus it all looks factory in the end. Thumbs Up

8. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

I have seen a lot of the GM guys run the truck center caps with H2 rims and it looks pretty good!!

Call your local dealer for "take off" rims, you might be in luck Thumbs Up craigslist and ebay are another good spot for them.

9. bill7101

bill7101 Member

The H2 rims do look great on the Ram almost like they were a factory look.