1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wheeled my blazer this weekend

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 85w/350, Apr 8, 2002.

1. 85w/350

85w/350 Senior Member

2. MTCK

MTCK Senior Member

Josh
    First, good looking rig! I'm glad someone was there to represent the bow ties with all those blue oval guys. Looks like it was a fun weekend. For clarification, did you ever get stuck in the pictures of you going through the mud?

Marcus

3. 85w/350

85w/350 Senior Member

Yes the first picture in the mud I hit the incline and slipped right back into the mud :( and dugg the first ruts of the day in that hole. The deep tracks you see are indeed mine. If you notice in one of the pics my entire driver's side rear tire is covered. All the blue ovals were scared to test the mud for softness so I dove right in. They all ended up getting stuck as well so I didn't feel so bad.

Second time I hit the mud as mentioned I sort of convinced myself and made it through in a breeze. EVERYONE myself included to an extent thought I was gonna get stuck going through the opposite way. I whipped right through it as mentioned before they could get their camera's ready. Two of the other bronco's went only because I said if I did it they had to. I made it look to easy so yes they had to....they were blue ovals no Bowtie is gonna show them up especially not a stock one.

Then came my "Grand Fanale" Before the 4th and 5th trucks could go through and were wussing out I jumped in and cut in front to go again...needless to say this time they all had camera's in hand and thats when my t-case poped out of 4 Hi right half way through my run. So I came to a complete stop shifted back into 4hi and let loose...I almost made it out and for fear of digging in I threw it into reverse and tried to back out of my ruts and thats when I dug in DEEP in the final pictures.

My truck wouldn't start sunday evening only after I made an additional 300mile trip more than them and was at home in my driveway hosing the undercarage. I hopped in the blazer to move it and it wouldn't crank. Still haven't figured out whether it was the cylinoid or starter. Just gave them something negative to list about me :) All in all they were good sports and we had a great time.

4. Power mad

Power mad Member
    from Oregon

Sounds like a good time.
    Personaly i don't care what ya drive as long as ya want to go wheelin.
    But we made our own club because the one we were in was mainly jeeps, which is ok until they start going up deer trails.
    That is why our club is called Pacific Northwest Full size 4x4.
    still we are mainly bowties but that is because we are all from ColoradoK5.
    Here is some pics that Mike took from our first run last month.
    http://community.webshots.com/user/heavymetal97303

5. Txstruck

Txstruck Junior Member

6. 85w/350

85w/350 Senior Member

nice truck

Nice truck you got there txstruck! Is that an x-military vehicle? Looks like it...one ton running gear front and rear already made to be built into a beast! Looking for people to go wheeling with check out www.coloradok5.com they have alot of chevy people up in your area who wheel alot.

7. Txstruck

Txstruck Junior Member

Yep, she's an ex-military w/ 6.2L diesel and it only has now 27,000 orig. miles on it!! Thanks for the link!