1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wheel weights

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by 30below, Dec 1, 2011.

1. 30below

30below Junior Member
    from Alaska

Does anybody run weights on their wheels or ever seen any weights for atv wheels?

I'd like a little more traction and was thinking that wheel weights would be the best option overall if they aren't too expensive. They would keep the weight off the suspension and not sacrifice any ground clearance.

2. atvsnowplower

atvsnowplower Junior Member

I've never seen wheel weights for ATV'S. I'll throw a tube a sand on your rear rack.

3. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

Ive added weights to the rear rack.

though I did fill the front tire of my 3 wheeler full of windshied washer fluid as I used that alot to back some my small trailer into places and it would out turn my bigger 4x4 atvs and with the extra weight of the WW fluid in the tire then it would steer how I wanted backing up and not just drag the front tire back like it was prone to due before the addition of WW.

you could look into that as well. I have thought about filling my winter tire's with the WW fluid but have yet to get that done.

just a thought Sublime out.

got a funky adapter for putting the WW from the local auto parts store for like $10.00

4. jturkey69

jturkey69 Junior Member

thread revival...if its a solid rear axle quad...just weight the rear axle..simple...if IRS..well the WW fluid is a great idea...OR...make or buy some aluminum wheel adapters with bolt patterns to your liking, and run either riding mower wheels with bolt on weights, or depending on the quad..car snow tires. Ive done this with my old AC...I bought honda adapters off ebay to run honda wheels with blizzaks. Having a spare set or pair of steel wheels for your particular quad means you could weld stanchions for wheel weights..thus having a dedicated set for winter...just a thought...

sublime...we need to talk some shop someday...been reading your posts and threads for years now..lol

5. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

well as winter gets closer I'll be checking in more often.

have a few new wrinkles for this year but don't have any Pics yet.