1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wheel Spacers

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Eddie D, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Eddie D

Eddie D Member

I have a 93 Chevy 2500 with 6 lug wheels. Although its a 2500 I don't think its HD.

First I want to add Timbrens in the front and possibly air bags in the back. The truck sags allot, front and back. Is this what should be done or should I put timbrens in the back? I have an stock F350 that doesn't sag one bit.

I also want to add the black Chevy wheel well flares and I have noticed some of the trucks from the factory and the wheels seem more spread apart. I have seen some done with aftermarket fender flares and the tires look like the stance should be 2 to 3 inches overall wider. Is there a spacer the widens the stance of the truck?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it's a 6 lug 2500 then you have the light duty version (probably 7200 or so GVWR ).Which is also the reason it didn't come with the factory wheel well flares. Only the 8600 GVRW 8 lug and up trucks came factory equipped with the flares. Also, the 8 lug 2500's had a slightly wider track width, which is what necessitated the factory added on flares in the first place.

The 2500 LD trucks were pretty low to begin with, about the same as a normal 1500 series truck as thats basically what they were. Just used a slightly different F/R spring rates and the 9.5 semi float rear instead of the 10 bolt the 1500's had.