1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wheel Lug Locks

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Lucfw, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

I was looking at my lug nuts on my 97 f150 2wd and i noticed there is a anti theft lock thing on there. I looked all over the cab in the jack box under the seat and could not find the key.
    So two questions. where can i get a key the get them off? (i dont want to wreck the lugs)
    and why would you have a jack, spare tire, but no way to get one lug nut off if you get a flat?:laughing:
    THanks for your help.:drinkup:

003.jpg

2. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

Are they aftermarket wheels or factory and if after market usually a speed shop or place that sells wheels can get them or try Ford if there factory.
    also if your just gonna put regular lugs back on no locks get a large vise grips and just turn them off soak with pb blaster or wd40 first.

3. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

If you have heat like a torch get it cherry red and ten off with vise grips I done all this before it sometimes comes first shot or may take a couple trys

4. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

No, they are just factory rims. I would not mind putting non locking lugs. But right now i dont have any normal lugs. I had it in to the shop for inspection a while back and they got it off and never told me about it. If i cant find keys ill take it to a tire shop. i got to get the odomater adjusted because they guy before me put bigger tires on. If i can get them off with out damaging it now ill give it a shot but i dont have any normal lugs. Thanks for your help.

5. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

from the factory i believe it is attached to the lug wrench, but most people put it in the glove box.

6. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

I checked the lug wrench. But i do remeber seeing somthing in the glove box. i am not sure if its the key or not. i will check it out tomorrow. thanks

7. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

Wow do i feel dumb. lol. Ya it was in the glove box. I thought it looked completly differnt than what i thought it would. It looked like it would have had a cable on it but it got cut and got hung up in there so when i had a quick look i could not see it. But i got it now!!! thanks guys.

8. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

no problem.. glad you found it!!