1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wheel loader

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by IDOCTORTREES, Nov 21, 2007.

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

Going to spend the money next monday have 2 loaders Im looking at want to know what you would do??? 2005 cat 930 1250 hrs 123.900 or 2007 volvo l70f 800 hrs 120.000 each have quick tach ect. I will use 18ft daniels plow.:salute:
  2. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

from MONTANA

jcb 426 will cost 120.000 new dont have anyone here running them any input on jcb??
  4. powerjoke

around here jcb means "JUST CAN'T BEAT IT" lol i think they are fair machines dealer support sucks though

edit: if your thinkin about "off"brands try the hitatchi or dawoo the hitatchi makes the johndeere wheel loaders we have a 744 and it's a dang good machine
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
  5. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

JCB' depreciate like crazy, don't ever buy a new one, you can one with a few hundred hours for TONS less. Not really sure why.

The local rock yard here that I know the owners of, (that is huge) run their loaders 11 hours a day 6 to 7 days a week. They buy volvo's.
  6. powerjoke

so you dont own one? or have any experiance owning one all you are saying is that a friend of a friend of a guy's cousin one time operated one?

you say not to buy a new jcb for $120k i am just curious what you think a new cat cost?..... sureley the jcb and the cat don't cost the SAME money new do they :rolleyes:

but then when i bought my last tractor i bought a tn 85 da for $34k instead of a 40 hp for same money:rolleyes:

i new you would be the one to argue and realy not have anything to put into the discusion (yes i am still mad over the guy with the rented little johndeere)

Back to the Q' just support your local dealer if poss. i think they'll take care of you in the long run, everyone makes wheel loaders CASE, NEWHOLLAND, DEERE, etc. i would even go so far as to try out TEREX or LINKBELT i am going to buy a new one in the spring to replace my old case so let me know how it turns out and to agree a little but with LC the VME is a good machine too but most of thier stuff is large

p.s. if you are just useing it for snow how about a telehandler like JD DAVE i think he gets along real well with it

below is a pic of my 744 with 3k hrs you can buy a big girl like this for about $60k and the other one is the case w-14 we are replacing you can buy one like this for about $20k

it seems some on here like to fight and argue (lc) so if you want another one of my opinions PM me
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2009

from MONTANA

I have 2 now getting 3rd not sure why you thought i did not have one now doesent matter:nod:
  8. Little Jon

Little Jon Senior Member
    from Buffalo

I think he meant, because they depreciate faster don't buy new, when you can get slightly used for lots less. If your going to spend 120k why not go with the one that will hold its value longer??

from MONTANA

ah, Thanks:salute:
  10. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

Thank you, that's exactly what I said.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2007
  11. flashinglight

flashinglight Junior Member
    from maine

Have a JCB 930 fork lift at work. Parts can be pricey especial if its a special order part that comes from England. We have had good luck with it for the last 8-9 years.
  12. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

Cat, Case, Volvo, New Holland, Hitachi, Daewoo, etc all make good machines. It requires some legwork to go out and see different machines and see witch ones you would rather operate for an 8 hour shift and longer. Dealer support is also important. Another thing is, when your talking about 100,000...whats another 10 or so if it's worth it? I have heard that Volvo's are downright bad !
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2007
  13. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

JCB is really good machinery. To me if your going to keep a machine for 10 years or more who cares about depreciation. Like PJ said though dealer support is very important. I only know JD numbers, so is a L70 the same as a 544 and what is a 930 Cat compared too in JD. What are you using the loader for in the summer?
  14. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

JCB= Junk Coming from Britain

If you have the money, I would get a JD or a Cat loader. But if not, kawaski makes the best bang for the buck loader..
  15. midwestsnowguy

midwestsnowguy Member
    from midwest

cat all the way, reliable and easy to get parts when you need them.

from MONTANA

No use in summer. just will sit waiting :sleeping:
  17. JT Contracting

JT Contracting Junior Member

I purchased my skidsteer from www.Ironplanet.com and I haven't had any problems and it was the most reasonable price anywhere(if you have patience with auctions). They sell all sorts of heavy equipment, mostly cats. $.02
  18. cog-1

cog-1 Senior Member

We have 3 CAT 938's, reason we go with CAT is excellent quality, parts/service here; resale is better than anyone else too. Ours are 2000's, 2001's, have about 5000 hrs on them, very few problems at all but we keep up the the maint. on them too to avoid breakdowns.
    Curious about the Daniels plow- did you get the regular or the heavy duty blade? A company here has one but think it is the cheaper one and it just keeps getting destroyed and they have to get it welded all the time (maybe they have moron operators too, who knows :gunsfiring:)

from MONTANA

I have the heavy duty verry happy :) great plow 16ft on volvo l70 My brother has a 924 cat with 16ft daniels plow its a new on light duty plow not impressed. He does not like it:angry:
  20. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Don't bash JCB!!!!!!!!! If we had a dealer a bit closer to me I would have all JCB equipment.

JCB Has been making equipment for many years now and also built the first Construction Grade Backhoe loader.

JCB also manufactures quite a bit of its Equipment in Atlanta Georgia. (Backhoes,Skidloaders) they also manufacture the new US military high moble excavator (An armored tractor backhoe on Steroids.

It seems most guys just know the big 3 names Cat, Deere, Case. News flash!! there are other equipment manufactures. In MO. most loaders are created equal. Its all in what you are willing to pay.

but back to the question.

I am also looking at a Wheel loader. Looking at a winter rental. I will have no use for it at all for any thing other than snow. So why buy one. I am looking at a small Volvo L20. I am going to put a 10ft box pusher on it. Should handle it.

So good luck.