1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wheel Loader with 12' pusher

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Ne1, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

I was wondering what you guys get per hour with your loaders and a 12' pusher box in your prospective areas. I've seen some bids in my area and guys were only charging $115 hour. I thought that seemed really low? Whar are your thoughts.

2. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

tymusicdont be fooled with those hourly rates. ya gotta see the invoice, do they charge for travelling, do they round off to the nearest hour. Are there half hour rates. Theres a guy in my area that charges 65 an hour for loaders and 40 an hour for trucks, however he somehow manages to invoice 3 schools for a school board for over 50,000. dollars.payup, in the Winter season 07/08 .He screws them over every chance he gets.

3. BrianWillan

BrianWillan Junior Member

Is that $115/hour for just the machine? Machine and operator together?

I agree with augerandblade in that you would need to see an itemized invoice of all the charges.

Cheers

4. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

I would gather anyone who operates new equipment for one mentioned, I've invoiced and sub'd up to $150phr.

5. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Two bit operations like that seem to be more prevalent now days. Its too bad the people that award those contracts have no clue about anything