1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wheel loader prices

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Racer28s, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Racer28s

Racer28s Junior Member

Anyone give me an idea what to charge for a Komatsu WA 120 wheel loader with a box plow, have no idea what to charge hourly, it is a small to mid size loader.

Thanks

2. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

1. Figure your cost to rent, lease or make the monthly payment

2. Figure your cost to pay an operator

3. Figure your cost of fuel and maintenance

4. Apply your overhead percentages

Add all these cost together and divide by the number of hours you anticipate the loader working.

I'm guessing $140-200 per hour.

3. mrsnowman

mrsnowman Senior Member

sounds about right to me. Depends on the pusher box and speed of machine. Our one yard loader gets 150.00/hour. Our 1/2 yard loader gets 125.00/hour. Those would probably be comparable to the small loader that racer is speaking of.

4. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Around here loaders are very cheap. Right around a hundred an hour which isnt enough. That is for a 544 JD size.

5. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

:eek::eek:

6. PhilFromErie

PhilFromErie Senior Member

What part of PA are you from? if your subbing around Erie area your looking around $80 per hour. I know its not enough.

7. deereequipment

deereequipment Member

size matters.
    the larger the pusher box, the more per hour to charge.
    Why do a 4 hr job in 2 hours just because you can?

8. Racer28s

Racer28s Junior Member

Thanks everyone for the response, will try for $ 120.00 per hour.

9. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

FEMA has a rate book out there for clean up of natural disasters, that could help as well. Call around as in you area for rates. Personally I think you a little low but you need to know you production as well.

10. deereequipment

deereequipment Member

We usually go by what the State Highway pays. Try to find out what your state is paying sub contractors.