1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wheel loader hourly rate Help!!!! Northwest Indiana

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by JR2121, Oct 29, 2014.

1. JR2121

JR2121 Junior Member
    from 46392

Im just wondering if anyone knows what should i be charging to plow with a john deere 644 wheel loader with 12' box ...hourly rate ?????? in Northwest Indiana
  2. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

200 hr sounds good here
  3. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

What does it cost you an hour to run the machine? Fuel, operator, replacement, and maintenance? How about your overhead?

Figure those numbers, then add profit to it and tada, your hourly rate has appeared.
  4. lawnkale

lawnkale Senior Member
    from Indiana

12' pusher on 644 Deere???
  5. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

My thoughts too...

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

I run a 12 foot pusher because of limited room behind some plazas , and 14 is way too wide if I have to travel across town . :eek:
  7. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

If it were mine, I would want $150 per hour, 1/2 hour minimum.
  8. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

190.00/hr with a 4/hr minimum
  9. agurdo17

agurdo17 Senior Member

600 an hr 5 month minimum
  10. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

overhead is key here... but yeah a 644 isn't a small machine... and they cost a fortune if new/er..

We've gotten $150-200/hr for skid steer rates when talking a few hours, we can also sign $200-275/hr for loader rates and literally anything from 1 yard bucket backhoes to 3 yard front end loaders... if your talking driving the whole time with it plowing with a box, more than simple loading too...

What will you bill for an entire season? if you rented or bought the machine and it costs you $3-5000 a month, can you make that much plus profit at whatever you set the rate? In NJ if we had a 644 deere, which is what a 4.5 yard bucket machine? $300+hr easily and if its on one site, 4hr minimum, if traveling with it, haha, $1000 move in plus 3hr minimum then.