1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

wheel load rating?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by gmcfan, Nov 16, 2008.

1. gmcfan

gmcfan Junior Member

I have a 2001 GMC 2500HD with the steel wheels (16 by 6.5) on it. I was wondering if anyone on this site knows what the actual wheel load rating is. I am talking about the wheel itself without the tire on it. My BFG All Terrain TA 235/85R16 is 3042 lbs. if I remember correctly. I am curious to know what the load rating of the wheel itself is because I might buy some aftermarket wheels for another truck and want something to compare them to. I searched the internet for the answer and couldn't find it for this OE wheel. Some companies list their load ratings of their wheels and it got me thinking. I might end up just buying a used set of OE wheels if everyone else's are wimpy. I am sure other people would like to know to. Thank you!