1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wheel Lift

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by oldsw-31, Jan 10, 2006.

1. oldsw-31

oldsw-31 Member
    from mass

Does anyone have one installed on there 2500HD.
  2. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

drove tow truck for 2 years and one time a guy came to our yard in an 05 reg cab 2500hd gasser and picked up a buick or something and i thought that that guy was gonna do a wheelie all the way home
  3. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

LMAO, that would have been a sight to see! :D
  4. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

I was watching the repo show on TV and one guy had a set up on a truck just like that and he was grabbing cars all night with it.
    i would think most cars would overload the rear suspension and the tire limits though.
  5. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

depends on the wheel lift. most of the cheapies are like that but good ones mount to the frame ahead of the rearend like a wrecker. Back in the day I drove a 84 GMC 3/4 ton with a holmes slide in wrecker, add on wheel lift and an 8 foot fisher. Once or twice I had to tow a car with the plow on, about worked the guts out of that poor old truck. I'd like to get a Sneeker lift for my truck, but too much money and I have no real use for it. I just think they're cool.