1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Wheel Choices

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by JohnnyRoyale, Mar 29, 2010.

1. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

I somehow managed to blow up an original aluminum factory rim on my F250 and havent had any luck sourcing out a used one. The truck is a 2000, has 285,000 kms, and is in really good shape. I'm not really into blinging my work truck, but came across a deal on either one of these. Which ones would you decide on? Truck is red, and tires are Bridgestone Dueller AT Revo's. I'm leaning towards the black ones. Your opinions please.:drinkup:

ultra baja.jpg

ultra baja.jpg
  2. JohnnyRoyale

My wife likes the black ones too. :laughing::help:
  3. chasity2682

chasity2682 Member
    from canada

Black all the way. Much nicer rim and if the rust or get chewed up black is black buy some paint and fix it.
  4. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

I like the chrome. On a red truck with chrome bumpers already I think chrome rims would look stellar.
  5. JohnnyRoyale

Polished aluminum-1, Black-3
  6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Either will look good. I personally like the style of the polished ones better though.
  7. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

I think the polished ones will look mint on your truck...

JMO - black on black is pretty cool, but black on any other colour is simply F'd... All my buddys painted there wheels on thier cars and trucks black and I still laugh at them all the time and say you guys are F'D in the head.... Just cause a rapper put black wheels on thier black escalade now everyone thinks there cool.... but again JMO
  8. RobE

RobE Junior Member
    from RI

But I think either choice would look good.
  9. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I like both but I really like the black one. Thats the one I have been looking at for my superduty.
  10. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

I think that they are both real nice rims. With that said I think that the black ones would really stand out and look tough! I believe that and red truck and those rims are a match. Either way show us pictures of the outcome!
  11. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

I like the black ones
  12. JohnnyRoyale

Ended up ordering the black ones. The polished ones were slightly used. Should get them this week. Will post pics when mounted.
  13. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Great choice
  14. SteveR

SteveR Senior Member

The polsihed ones still around I might be interested
  15. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

good choice...black all the way
  16. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

It's gonna look great! wesport
  17. Elite_Maint

Elite_Maint Senior Member

I like both.... I'd personally go with the polished though
  18. JohnnyRoyale

They are from a local guy. He wants $550 for four-might not be worth it if you factor in the shipping. I dont even know if its a good deal or not. What do you guys think? Am I getting hosed?
  19. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

Remember, neither one of those wheels are going to hold up for snot if you run them in the winter with even a hint of road salt. Your factory wheels had a protective clear coat. Almost none of the aftermarket wheels have a clear coat and the ones that do have a very poor one.
  20. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

if you can cancel, look here. there are 3 different aluminum wheels for the superdutys.

there are 4 pages of wheel sets listed in canada priced from $255 canadian for a full set to $55 canadian for one wheel