1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats your thought on this lot?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by CashinH&P, Sep 24, 2013.

1. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

So guys, This will be my third year plowing, this year I am doing alot more commercial stuff. I have a number in my hear for this lot but I want to get a second opinion. Customer is looking for a per push and a contract price, plowing and salting.

Lot description: lot in bottom of pic is up a hill from the res of the property. With the exeption of the hill going to the top lot its all flat.

Screen shot 2013-09-24 at 10.22.21 PM.png
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Hour tops on a four inch event
    200.00 per push.
  3. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

How do you come to 200 per push?
  4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Looking at from my phone it doesn't appear that big.

It would less then a hour plus a few dollars for travel.
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Didn't we talk about this lot already?

75 per and 2k for the season,salt extra when needed.
  6. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

I dont think we have talked about it, at least I have not brought it up before. I was asked to bid yesterday.
  7. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

In our market

We would charge about $200 on a per push basis for this lot in our market. Looks like about 200 - 300 lbs of material.

Base your fees on your company's cost per hour. If you are not sure, check out www.profitsareus.com for a snow bidding package. You can click on our sponsor link on the side bar as well.
  8. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

Well I sent my bid in today. $150 to plow and $50 to salt or $3200 for the season. Both prices include svhoveling the two entrances. I will see if I get it. I hope I do I am doing the lot across the street as well. Really hoping I get it, I planned on getting into more comercial work and if I get this one I will almost have a full list. Which means I can get my 1 ton!:gunsfiring:
  9. mark268

mark268 Member

Does your $50 salting include material? If so, that's way CHEAP and you are going to loose money in the end. Salt alone will cost more than $50 for that lot.
  10. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Hand salting the entrances to for that price per app?
  11. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

No salting the walkways is extra in the per push contract. I should have added that the 50 per app does not include salt. That is just for me to show up, the material is totaled up for the month and added to the bill. I do it this way so that if I have to salt heavely in an ice only event I can charge acordingly and vice versa for saltling lightly. I burned my self on my salting price last year and learned for this year.