1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

what's your opinion on using 4x4 tractor with front mount blower?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by woodchuckcanuck, Oct 5, 2009.

1. I've recently ordered one of these. Actually its a bit bigger model that this. Now I'm thinking I should make use of it during the winter for other than personal property. You know, help pay for the thing. I'm not looking to get greedy, just make myself available for 'per push' unless something else comes out of a negotiation. Or, make myself available to sub for companies currently doing the work.
    I've got a MF1643 coming with a 1507 front mount blower. 72" cutting width, 24" height. Also a rear blade that rotates 360, push width and height about the same as the blower.

2. eaglegrounds

eaglegrounds Member

Very cool! I think it will be sweet. Mkae sure you get some pics and videos of it in action!
  3. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

If your blowing back piles of snow at condo's yeah it would be worth it. (as an attachment)
    But ur most likely going to run a snow pusher on that machine for the majority, right?
  4. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Nice MF'er :drinkup:
  5. Pusher (as in blade?) is on the rear. That snowblower has its own quick attach. MF does sell a angle blade that is QA as well. http://www.masseyferguson.com/agco/mf/na/impatt/frontmounted/features/DozerBlade.htm I just haven't ordered one. I haven't given much thought to doing snow clearing as a source of revenue until recently. I'm figuring the rear blade would do the trick. MF makes a sweeper that also QA's to the front. http://www.masseyferguson.com/agco/mf/na/impatt/frontmounted/features/RotaryBroom.htm

Tractor info http://www.masseyferguson.com/agco/MF/NA/Tractors/MF1600/1600.htm
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2009

6. :laughing:
  7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

My uncle has a 30hp Kioti and he has a blower on the front. He said it works great but when the wind is blowing the snow flys rite into your face.
  8. Won't be flying in mine.. heated cab. :)
  9. creativedesigns

So does ur rear blade look like this?

rear blade.jpg
  10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

He told you what type of rear blade he had.
  11. This is probably as close a picture I can show you. Or similar to this, only bigger http://burlington.craigslist.org/grd/1395471038.html

I'm only considering on using it to scrape what the blower does not get. The nice thing with the rear blade is with the 3pt hitch, downward pressure can be applied, even angled pressure by changing the levelness of the blade. Example, if a surface is packed down with snow, the blade will scrape it out. At least in theory.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  12. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Everybody, except Ceative, knew what kind of rear blade you have.
    Getting on as a sub would be a good source of coin and you get paid per hour.
    It would give you this winter to figure stuff out.
    Like how much to charge.
  13. cretebaby

Are you sure your 3pt has down pressure?
  14. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

most 3pt's now days have down pressure (its not much but it works) unless you put them, in "float" mode......
  15. What I'd like to have is the snowblower quick attach to the loader rather than have its own mounting system which requires the loader removed. Something to think about after it gets here.
  16. cretebaby

Do you have the hydraulic capacity to run the blower that way?

I think that may be something to think about before it gets here.
  17. The snowblower is driven by the mid PTO, the chute is hyd driven. I think the manufacturer went with a separate mount rather than loader mount so it would avoid users from picking up the loader too far and breaking the mid pto shaft (or bending it). I would of thought though, with all the technology they put into equipment, that there could be some sort of regulator on the loader to prevent it from being raised too far up while the snowblower is attached. I guess none of the engineers thought of that. :)
  18. snowman4

snowman4 Senior Member

Ya to be loader mount it would have to be a hydraulic blower like a SS and not shaft driven.
  19. creativedesigns

Dave, I will read slower next time, instead of speed reading. I promise!
  20. Well now this really burns my a$$. I just found this http://www.erskineattachments.com/snow_attachments/hydraulic_snow_blower/ and from what I read, its a quick attach system. MY MF's FEL is QA. And here I put out a lot of dough for that dedicated front mount (no FEL capability). I'm going to wait until my tractor arrives but if I learn that the tractor has the capability to run a QA like this Erskine, I'll be selling the Massey blower.