1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whats your city pay ??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by stillen, Oct 19, 2009.

1. stillen

stillen Senior Member

Just curious to see what your city/town pays for you to use your truck/driver to plow roads...

I believe here in my town they pay 65 an hour now for 3/4 ton trucks with 8 foot blades and the payscale goes up as you increase in truck/blade size and if you can carry a spreader...

2. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

Here in Cranston you get $65 an hour with an 8' blade.

I've heard of some towns paying $85 an hour with and 8' blade.

3. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

If i have someone riding with me i get an extra $10/hr. Brings it between $79 and $80/hr. for an 8' blade.

4. FEFMedia

FEFMedia Senior Member

My city doesnt pay.. We have "deal with it" policy.. they will get to it when they get to it.

5. kpmsnow

kpmsnow Senior Member
    from Elkhart

our county has always used private subs to do the sub divisions all through the county as well as a couple of small towns. This year they claim their is no money in the budget for these subs and have released statements that all secondary roads will only be plowed when they have time, no subs... They didn't't pay by the hour, you had to bid a per event price.

6. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

our city doesnt pay, buffalo is next to broke.

7. breadoflife

breadoflife Member

i didnt know any cities paid private contractors...hmm we will have to look into it...

8. Schuley

Schuley Senior Member

We sub a shoveling crew out to our town. No salt, the town does it themselves. We do sidewalks for community centers, libraries, municipal buildings and whatnot. We get a set price per location as if it was for a regular business.

9. Sabsan84

Sabsan84 Senior Member

How do u like plowing for cranston, how often do they pay, or do they do lump sum in the spring? What type of hours do they give u? You can send me a pm if you would not like to discuss in the thread.

Thanks,

Sab

10. nh785

nh785 Member

city pay? what would all the city guys do? lean on a shovel and watch the sub plow?

11. vinny69

vinny69 Junior Member
    from canada

:nono:where i live it is illegal to plow any city streets,it is done by the city and a couple of other very large subed out companies

12. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

My town used to pay lump sum in the spring, but they are desperate for subs so they began paying per storm. I think the longest i waited for a check last year was 14 days. This year its direct deposit, payup